Hello lovelies,
Mich, I repeated your statement in my mind that entire Thursday morning "polite and pleasant but not overly friendly." And thanks Cinnamon, I needed to hear that.
Meeting HIS girlfriend at the museum went as well as it could. When I first went to greet them, I could only see him around the corner. I gave him a "thank you for destroying my heart" hurt look, then looked to his right. There, a cute little woman stood. She was adorable! We were introduced, shook hands, & I chatted with her for about 10 minutes straight. We got a long well! To my surprise, it wasn't even awkward between us. I mean, it was just her & I pretty much talking. He paced behind her, much quieter than usual. My biggest relief was that the girlfriend didn't pick up any sort of vibes between me & him. And none were really given off, maybe in the end a bit, but nothing for her to worry about.
Now that I have a face to go with the girlfriend label, there is not a chance we can go for eachother. I cannot break that kind woman's heart! I wish the best for them both, as much as it breaks my own heart, I really want the two of them to be happy.
So thanks for letting me vent about the guy. There will be little of that from now on, since a line - or a brick barrier - has been put between us. It's for the best, for all three of us. I couldn't have gotten through it without you all. Just know that.
I went to the lake this weekend. It was my first full day out in the sun this month, which resulted in heat stroke. I was ill this morning, so I watched an Elizabeth Taylor movie instead of going to work, then cleaned & reorganized this afternoon. I'm ready for work tomorrow, I actually enjoy my job, can you believe it!
At the beach I wore a t shirt over my bikini top the entire time. There was no way I was about to show off my stomach! The shirt covered the top part of my arms as well. My top two problem areas. I am starting to work on them right now!
Today I went from feeling ill to feeling fabulous! That's right, I have my motivation back! Today is the first of a new month. For the first time in a long time I feel that I can commit to health! The food I gobbled back today was nourishing. I already mixed my overnight oats for the morning, & packed a healthy lunch for tomorrow. My friend & I will be scheduling tennis dates every week. I'll continue walking my dog every day. And (since I am literally broke - have zero dollars in the bank account - as everything, ironically, goes towards fundraising) I will be bicycling to work & back every day. It's a good -but doable - trek!
I wish you a month & many more of motivation! August is a wonderful time to exercise outside, enjoy nutritious fruit (I have fresh raspberries to pick tomorrow!), and just take in the beautiful sites. Take care of your stunning bodies & wear a smile until you feel it!
I adore you all!




Glad my advice helped. :) And it sounds like the day went pretty well!
ReplyDeleteI'm super jealous you have a job you love. <3
Sounds like things are going quite well for you... I'm glad the meeting went well, and I suppose it settles a lot of questions and stirred-up feelings you were having. A little dose of reality will do that, and in the end, it is what it is, for better or worse. You seem to be handling it so well.
ReplyDelete