Friday, September 16, 2011

Farewell for the Time Being

Hello followers,

Thank you for the concerned comments, and for the wonderful advice. You truly are an incredible group of strong people.

First things first. My eating & exercise has been crazy this summer! I biked about 30 mins a day in August, and would usually walk the dog a few times a week for 30 mins each time both summer months. Nothing too intense. And I've been pigging out like you wouldn't believe. So a little while ago I stepped on the scale, expecting to weigh around 135 lbs. Not at all, I was 127.8!! I couldn't believe it! Months of healthy eating & exercising had gotten me to a plateau of 129. And after all this crap I was lower than that!! It was a nice surprise, to say the least. Though, if I had increased exercise & eaten better I would have felt a lot better now.


I leave in a couple of days. One more day at home. One and a half in the city. Then I'm gone.

My summer was busy working. Then fundraising (at dances, I had a Tea, to businesses, painting a rink to make extra money, selling & baking 50+ pies, and just getting my head in order).

I'm excited. I'm nervous. I feel like there is not enough time to prepare. And maybe that's it. Maybe there would never be enough time to prepare for an experience like this. All that would lead to is worrying. Instead, I feel I have to jump right in. Seize the experience. Six months, after all, really is not that long of a time period, considering how much I will grow as a person in that amount of time. And so I go.

I just want to thank you all for the support you have given to me over the countless months. I feel such a strong connection with you, even though it's through faceless words. You are all remarkable & considerate people & I hope this year treats you all well. Take care of yourselves.

Best wishes,
Kayla

PS I will make a note to post in six months time. talk to you again then!!

1 comment:

  1. I will miss you!! I bet it's going to be an amazing experience for you. I hope you can check in at some point if you get access to the internet, just to let us know how you're doing. <3

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete