Monday, April 4, 2011

Mom, Uncle & a Professor

Thanks for the flood of comments! I adore every single one of them.

I was angry at my Mom for an entire three seconds before we were smiling & talking. I am so fortunate, I have a great relationship with my Mom & this weekend only improved it. Friday & Saturday were spent talking with her & shopping too. We stocked up my cupboards & fridge with healthy food, like nori: they are sheets of seaweed, & instead of using tortillas or bread to make a sandwich, these can be used, at 10 cals a sheet! The taste takes some getting used to & I couldn't eat it on it's own, but wrapping spinach/apple/avocado in it was quite yummy. My Mom is really supporting my healthy eating thing, she even let me make Saturday meals for myself, instead of making me devour what the rest of the family was munching on. She must know more about my issues, than I think she does. She's such an incredible Mom, she doesn't prod, she gives me space to figure things out on my own, and she's there when I need her to be.

Lots of family members were in the city this weekend. At the dinner table today, after saying my little boy cousin had grown taller, my Uncle pointed to my 12 year old girl cousin & said "You've gotten fatter." 

Way to destroy her. A comment like that could haunt the girl for the next 10 years. I looked at my cousin  & shook my head, "No you're not. Do not believe him." I almost cried for her.

Speaking of crying. In my class where my marks are the lowest of the semester, my fucking professor posted our marks online . . . and instead of using just our student number, he used our NAMES! I know almost ten people in that class, one of which I have been competing with for marks since middle school! I was so HUMILIATED. We give him teacher evaluations tomorrow, the fucker's going to get it, he's brutal regardless of this last act. 

Now for The Versatile Blogger award:

1. Thank the person who loved you enough to bestow this gift
2. Share seven things about yourself
3. Bestow this honor onto ten newly discovered or followed bloggers - in no particular order - who are fantastic in some way
4. Drop by & say hello!

Thank you Tali! 
I will not be passing on this award, you are all so amazing, & this award has been passed around the block already. If you haven't done it & you would like to, I award you with it, though!
Now seven things:

1. I love swings. We have this park behind my hometown house & I adore the wooden swings there. Whenever I would get upset or frustrated, I would run to the park & fly as high as I could. It was a nice escape. 
Then I turned to cigarettes. One time I doubled the two, swings & cigarettes. I breathe wrong, so I get extremely dizzy from smoking, and the ONE time I have ever been in the park when someone else is coming, is of course, when I am smoking. I ran like no other away from there. You have to be in a small town to understand. One person finds out the good girl is smoking, & the entire town, including your parents, knows. Since then I've quit smoking. But not swinging.


2. I adore chandelier earrings. They are so much fun, they make me feel pretty & rebellious at the same time, & there are so many different styles! 


3. One of my idols is the girl pictured above, Edie Sedgwick. I probably hold everything I like about her in the chandelier earrings I wear. She was Andy Warhol's (the artist who painted the Campbell's Soupcans, & so much more) muse. She was broken & scared & sad, but she loved passionately. If I could add that last quality, I would admire myself so much more.

4. I feel like I was born at the wrong time, as many people feel. If I could build a time machine, haha, I would be born in the early 1940's, spend a few years studying English in Oxford, travel to New York & experience the crazy Andy Warhol Factory while becoming friends with Edie of course, & escape before things got too out of hand. I would go to the Woodstock Festival & conceive my first child with a nameless sexy hippy . . . and that's all I have planned up to. Marry rich, have a bunch more kids, & write some controversial novels? 
I have that life, the one where I am far more adventurous & living in a more exciting time, more figured out than my own. I have to make do with what I have & bring some adventure to it!

5. I am terrified of physical contact. That's probably why I am nineteen & haven't had sex yet. Literally, I cringe when someone pats my back & I melt away when someone hugs me. I hug people in a really odd way, I sort of make sure only my shoulders touch them, so I lean in with those & pull the rest of my body back. I just realized this these past few months, it's probably something else to see! Even when my cousin put her arms on my shoulders I froze & stopped breathing, & had to make an excuse to step away for air. I really have to get over this.

6. As a kid I really wanted to go to Cairo, Egypt and St. Petersburg, Russia. I think it's from the films, "The Prince of Egypt" & "Anastasia." I really want to travel every where, there are so many places to see!

7. I adore learning. Especially art, history, literature, philosophy. And my favourite things to learn about are the stories behind the great artists, writers, philosophers. I even like knowing about scientists & businessmen. I find people so interesting, including you all!

Thanks for reading my long post! I will not be around much these next couple of weeks, one more paper & four finals, but I plan on getting a sufficient amount of sleep, exercising at least 20 mins every day, & staying away from night eating.


Stay lovely all! 

5 comments:

  1. Hii I just read an honest quote off a tumblr account: "What you eat in private, you wear in public." So true!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really glad you had a good time with your mom. Your facts are wonderfully interesting too :) Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Professor's should never breach student condifentiality like that! You give it to him on that evaluation!

    I used to love swings but now I get motion sick on them :/. I too feel like I was born in the wrong time! I want to live in Medieval Europe- castles, knights, fashion, music...LOVE it! I want to travel too :). I wish I could share you love of learning! When I'm really into something, I want to learn everything about it, but I have to be REALLY into that thing. I wish I could learn to love everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your prof is an a-hole for doing that. >:(

    I liked your facts! We have so much in common. :D

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's nice to hear you have a great relationship with your mom :)

    For 10 cals a sheet I wish I liked seaweed but no matter how many times I try I can't seem to learn to like it.

    Your prof... wow. I feel your pain about having your marks posted online for everyone to see. Marks are private!

    ~ H

    ReplyDelete