In grade two I had a teacher (note this is not the teacher who asked me to visit) who gave our class weekly spelling exams. If a student got 100% on something like 3 exams in a row, they were tested on more difficult words the following weeks. My friend and I were "privileged" with these difficult words, & our parents couldn't understand why.
I understand.
It wasn't about rewarding or punishing the good spellers. It was about challenging them. This isn't necessarily a reward, it is more of an incentive. To push us to our limits. To raise the bar. To make us better at what we do.
To perfect us.
That is why I tell myself that if my intake is low this week, I will be challenged to go lower next week.
Today's intake wasn't close to the ideal, but I have reasons for it (not excuses per say) & will make it up tomorrow since I cooked a healthy supper & wanted to show my city family that I would eat lots of that vs. the usual refined carbs, butter, cream... I doubted they would be okay with chowing down on rice cakes, so I made a delightful salad (as usual) & whole wheat pasta with tomatoes & shrimp. I went overboard on eating to prove a point, & that lead to an urge to binge. I had a cookie, rice cakes & nuts after supper, but stopped myself soon after that. My stomach is growling after eating only a few hours ago, so I feel safe. At the most, I'm sure this intake only upped my metabolism & proved that I'll eat almost normal portions if they're cooked in the right way.
Spent my day in a series of bus stops and stores, buying three Christmas presents & studying a bit along the way. Lots of walking & footprints left in the light snow. I bought a "Vogue" today with Angelina Jolie on the cover. My study break reading material I'm quite excited for.
I weighed 124.6 lbs this morning. Disappointed to have only lost 0.2. I really shouldn't weigh myself every day, though it drives me almost crazy not to. I'll have to pack my scale for the Christmas holidays.
Have a good night or day everyone!!
I liked this post :) My apologies for not being a bit more wordy, I'm braindead- but .2 pounds is better than plateauing. It's a small bit that really does count!
ReplyDeletexo
Victoria
Well done on the great meal you made for your clan! We can all benefit from healthier eating habits.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the rest of your Christmas shopping and don't study too hard! XXX.