I dragged my scale all the way home & am too terrified to step on. I have been eating, and eAtInG and EATING! ahh. Time to start drawing my New Year's Resolutions up. I'll keep you posted once I make them.
The weight. I think I can honestly meet my 110 pound goal this year. Why? I have all of you, my followers. I can do this, we can all do this :)
Besides eating this break, I have been drinking an awful lot too. One of my resolutions is definitely to drink less, it's a gain of calories and a loss of inhibitions. I had 5 drinks one night this week (and I usually have way more than that too) & hardly felt drunk! That is horrible. Half a year ago I would be stumbling around after 2. Not good.
This Statistics Canada survey called my house, a 45 min phone survey, and I spent the time talking about my health. I tell you, I felt so fortunate repeatedly saying "No", when the lady asked if I had heart disease, diabetes, cancer, cystic fibrosis... the list went on and on and on. I am so fortunate to be in good health. Then she asked how often I drink, and specifically said, how many drinks did you have last night, Tuesday, Monday...all for a week's length. I lied. I said I drank like 2 nights. Followers, I had drank 5 of 7 nights! And that was while I had 2 finals to write! It was only one or 3 drinks at a time but still, that is just awful! No more of that happening.
I started out the semester wanting to be more rebellious. Party more, study less. Great goals, Sea, very nice. Well, they were accomplished. And all that lead to was: me hungover in class, getting drugged by random guys, & very low marks. How fabulous. Luckily, I have learned multiple lessons, nothing too unfortunate came of this, & I really picked my marks up during finals. I like having a little rebellion in my life, don't get me wrong, maybe this food thing can be it.
I always drag in school onto this blog, sorry about that, but my worth is measured in numbers & grades are part of that. I got all 90's on my finals so far somehow. After 70's & lower on my midterms & papers, my grades have evened out to 80's & 90's. Phew. I was freaking out for a bit, but it's all good now. I need these marks if I want to get into an Honours program for my 3rd year of uni, & now there is hope again.
At the same time, I really want to take next year off of school. I do love school, I absolutely adored high school & I can see me being a prof or in school for a really long time on campus. But I just need a break. One year to go on an exchange & travel for a bit. My parents aren't too keen on the idea. A couple days before Christmas I was surprised to find out that I received a $1500 scholarship. While that is awesome because (a) the hard work payed off (b) it is money (c) not many 2/3/4th year undergrads get scholarships, I was sort of frustrated by it. My parents see it as "You're doing so great in school, why drop out now?" I shouldn't be frustrated with this, I should be jumping up & down with joy, but it's just really confusing. I don't understand my emotions or personality. Ahh, some days I get so excited about the wrong thing, and other days I'm angry at something like this.
Confusing.
Anyway, Christmas was wonderful, a small celebration with my parents and brother. I received wonderful presents (pajamas, book store & Starbuck's gift cards, mitts, perfume, a scrapbook, I think my Mom's buying me an iPod Touch yet, & she made me this neat exercise mat, time to get on the floor & do some calisthenics).
The rest of my days have been spent with friends, reading, & painting (maybe I'll post a picture of my Freud painting when I'm done) while watching Sex in the City seasons. It has been wonderful.
Tomorrow my friend & I are going to another city to pick up our good friend we haven't seen since August. I can't wait until we see her. It has been too long!
I need to claw my nails into this break, it is going way too fast. I guess that means it is going well! I hope your breaks are also lovely!
Well done on your fantastic grades, clever girl!
ReplyDeleteDon't be too bummed about the drinking, we all need our vices! I also want to drink less, the calories in beer are frightening! Bloody Windhoek Draught! (Namibian beer ROCKS!)
Glad you had a good Christmas and were spoiled, you deserve it! Look forward to seeing your painted works. XXX.
I'm right there with you on the loads of eating over the holidays! I shouldn't have weighed myself, but I did...and now I'm horrified -_-* About the drinking: my psychology professor told a hilarious but true story of a medical school student. He loved to drink and was often drunk when he was studying for his tests. He was drunk when he took his tests & did well. Then he was studying (drunk) for a huge final exam but he decided to take that final sober...he failed miserably. The take-home message to the class: if you study drunk, take tests drunk. Study sober, take tests sober! :D
ReplyDeleteGood job being able to pull your marks up! Grades in school are really important, especially if you have scholarships that are dependent one them. A little rebellion in our life can be healthy! If you're always trying to be the good one and please everyone all the time, it will end up making you crazy. So go ahead, be a little rebellious!
Ooh, take a pic of your Freud painting!! That made me smile when I read that :). Sometimes breaks go by too fast, other times they go by too slow. But a break is a break and we should take advantage of it!
<3