I hope everyone had an exciting celebration last night & recovered today!
Time for a clean slate.
Resolutions:
1. Lose weight - are you all surprised? The usual plan give or take a few changes
- exercise 3+ times a week
- eat less than 900 calories a day (preferably less than 500)
- sleep about 7 hours a night
- 8 glasses of water a day.
I aim to be 110 lbs by April 30th. About a 5 lb loss a month until there.
2. Paint nails - this sounds ridiculous, thought this represents more relaxation & for me to tone down the anxiety.
3. Scheduled procrastination - rather than spending preposterous amounts of time procrastinating 30 mins at the end of the day, or a couple small breaks during the day, just to lay out & deal with what is disrupting my concentration. I think this will focus my mind on important issues, and help with problem solving, instead of dwelling on issues & therefore leading me to break 2 (by causing anxiety).
4. Learn the art of conversation - I have become much better at attending to & participating in conversations this year, but I think there is always room for improvement. I would like to become a more active listener, & give more insightful advice.
5. Study the arts - (a) literature (I love the Beat Generation; including Sylvia Plath, Anne Sexton, Bob Dylan; & would like to read more of their works) (b) ballet (will sign up when I get back to city) (c) art (continue painting, especially when home)
Good luck with your own resolutions. I am grateful we can support & meet our goals together! This year of 2011 will be a great year, I can feel it!
Those resolutions sound awesome, Sea! You're so right, this is going to be our year! Hope you enjoyed your new year's celebrations. XXX.
ReplyDelete2, 4, 5 sound awesome. Almost dead-on to what I've realized over the past couple of days that I need to do as well! Happy new year, and godspeeeeed on your resolutions :D
ReplyDeletexo
Victoria
I like you resolutions! Losing weight is probably the top of everyone's list (I hear it's the #1 resolution). Making a goal to get more exercise is great too & I'm sure your body will thank you! I like the scheduling thing too- I think procrastination comes when we have to do something we dread, so if we take the time to schedule assignments, the project doesn't seem to bad!
ReplyDelete<3
<3
I think your resolutions are wonderful. Your plan for #1 looks pretty solid - I might have to mirror that myself :) Thank you for the encouraging comments.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with all your resolutions! Especially the art one--everyone should pursue more of the arts, I think.
ReplyDeleteThanks for your comment. <3
xoxo