Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Time for the BIG news

Next year I will not be attending university.

I have been selected to go on a 6 month volunteering program, from mid September until mid March. The first half will be spent in a Canadian province 4370 km from mine.


The next half will be spent in Indonesia.


I AM SO EXCITED!!!

I get to help out the world, while experiencing the beauty of it!

The next few months are going to be devoted to learning about the culture & the language of Indonesia so I can make the most of my experience there, & to make sure I can integrate into the culture smoothly. I'm also concentrating on creating the best me possible before I go. I want to be as healthy as I can, food & exercise-wise, so I can contribute as much energy as possible to those in need. When I go, I want to have some emotional problems solved as well. I would like to leave my relationships with my friends & family in the best place as possible, & to let them know how much I appreciate them. This is a great excuse to resolve some issues & uncertainties, & for a new start, especially since it will be an eye-opener of the world & because of the incredible people I will meet.

This is will life changing for me!

6 comments:

  1. That looks oddly enough like the coastline of NF! I"m super jealous! I would love to spend 6 months of my years travelling and seeing new places! have so much fun exploring the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, just signed in with you :) congrats on the study abroad program, it'll be so much fun! currently im taking a year off and have been living in rome and it's been the tiem of my life so i would highly recommend not letting this oppertunity pass you by!
    also it's great to see some canadian reference here in bloggerworld! I'm from Vancouver myself, couldn't tell you exactly what province you are talking about from your picture but it's deffs not BC so i'm going to side with TK and say is NF??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! It sounds like you're going to have a wonderful time. Keep us updated on it all!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so awesome about the volunteer thing! Helping others while traveling sounds like so much fun!! That's also great you're preparing your relationships and things about yourself before you go- that way you won't have any worries or regrets while you're away. I hope you have internet access where you're going because I would love to hear all about your trip and the things you get to do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, that's inredible, Sea! Say, is that P.E. Island? It's gorgeous! You're going to have so much fun! Just remember Indonesia is HOT!!! Take lots of sunscreen, start buying bulk packs now!

    I'm proud of you for wanting to leave on a good note. You can do it, girl! <3. XXX.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats!!! That's so exciting, I am crazy jealous!! What kind of volunteering are you doing?

    ReplyDelete