Thursday, June 30, 2011

Tossing the pills

I packed & studied & visited relatives (two from Australia hooray) this weekend. Wrote my final Monday & moved home. Went to get a Tuberculosis check Tuesday (came back non-significant, another good thing!), then started work Wednesday. I forgot how long the days are at the museum. I'll have to find some good books & writing ideas to make me a busy bee! I also went to grad. Of course one of my main thoughts was, when watching the ladies parade up and down the aisles in their floor length gowns, how fat I must have looked two years ago.


I have noticeable love handles, people. Especially with the shirt I'm wearing today. And guess who visited my work today? Yes, he saw my love handles (with my shirt on, don't get any crazy ideas haha!). We had a nice chat over tea & fruit. Anyway, I won't get more into that. I'll focus more on the weight thing this week, I've noticed my posts have strayed away from that!

So I tossed my diet pills. By now I'm sure some of you are shrieking & gasping, but this is a huge thing for me. There were only six in the container, but this means that I am going to lose weight as naturally as possible. I just needed to do something showy to symbolize this. A triumphant dunk of pills in the waste basket! It's like cutting the ribbon before a grand opening. I want the rest of summer to be healthy, healthy, healthy. Fruits, veggies, some nuts, tea, limited coffee, almond milk, no soda, some delicious whole grains, then I have to have a bit of egg whites otherwise I start losing my memory. And water!

I'm off for a vigorous walk with my dog! Nothing like quality time with a pet, while burning calories! Have a great July 1 (Canada Day!) or July 4 (Independence Day) or just a fabulous weekend! Stay lovely.

P.S. Woah almost didn't say. Got my mark back for the uni class I'd taken for the last 6 weeks. I got a fucking 79. Let's just say I'm drinking & dancing the night away. In solitude. Fuckk.

5 comments:

  1. That's great that you've tossed the pills! Doing it naturally is the best way to keep it off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!

    All the best for your healthy eating plan, I know you can do it. Well done tossing the pills, that took guts, girl!

    Happy belated Canada Day and congrats on the 79, Beautiful Genius! Give your doggy a kiss from me! Love you! <3. XXX.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That great you've tossed your diet pills! Going about weight loss the natural and healthy way is the right way to go. I hear diet pills only help you lose water weight and they don't really work unless they're prescription- but I'm not too sure on that though, that's just what I've heard in class :). Happy (late) Canada day and I hope your July 4th is a lovely one! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you, tossing the pills! Much better to go the healthy route. :D

    And as I always told my parents, a 79 is almost an 80, which is in the B's, which means you're very clever. <3
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. You haven't posted in a bit... everything ok?

    ReplyDelete