Sunday, March 13, 2011

I am the hermit

Spent yesterday afternoon strolling around with professors, taking their notes & listening to their brilliance. I assisted their judgement in research. They asked if I was a Masters or Ph D. student. I am nineteen years old. I thought to myself Have I really aged that much in a single night? I had gotten 3 hours of sleep the night before, spending all of the evening hovering over a term paper, which ended at 18 pages.

The next month will be spent with little sleep & much coffee. So many papers, exams, finals. I do not mind, being a student is wonderful for me, it's my only job for 8 months of the year. I bask in the books & the deadlines & the literary atmosphere. 

I would just like some direction. Some target that all of my hours of studying are for. I've looked at the classes for third year psychology & only one appeals to me. I have no idea what I'm doing.

Good drinks & good friends tonight. It was a friend's birthday, mine is lingering around the corner as well. I hate my birthday. I do not want to think of it, but it is there, lurking in my mind. That ticking sound. Anyway, tonight was my last time going out for awhile. Now it's time to throw myself in the continuum of work. Time for text books & aiming towards that obscure goal.

Also, let us send our thoughts to all of the people effected by natural disaster & other chaos.

2 comments:

  1. I love the new blog design- it's all bright and colorful. That's awesome how professors think you're a grad level student! That means you're very intelligent and mature. 18 pages is a load, I bet you're happy you've got it done! I have a 15 pg. paper due towards the end of April and I'm already dreading it! It's not uncommon to have no idea where you're going in life, especially during college years, but I'm sure somewhere along the collegiate path you'll discover what you're aiming for.
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Sea!

    The new look is gorgeous! I love it! I have no doubt that your lecturers think you are much older because you are mature for your years, not because you look old!

    I hate my birthday too. Getting old sucks!

    Best of luck with all your papers and exams. I hope you find the guidance that you need.

    *Big hug* <3. XXX.

    ReplyDelete