Thursday, March 24, 2011

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold"

This is a quote by W Yeats from today's English Class. It really struck me. I'm not feeling it today (hooray, a good day!) though this is applicable to my down moods. It's awe inspiring.


I have already given up meat for the past couple of months. Along with my binge food cheese (though I had some on the weekend . . . ick . . .greasy), another binge food yogurt, etc. I have also given up peanut butter for lent. What else is left to make me fat, you ask? Trail mix and bread. I've given up lots already, what are another two foods? Gone. And I'm really trying to kick any night eating at all through the door. I am going to be THIN. I am rather pissed off at a couple of people today. Pissed off is good for me, it means I'm expressing it, rather than internalizing it & creating sadness towards myself. This is good. Anger creates determination. And the people I'm angry at? I'm already thinner than them, & about to get a whole lot skinnier!!!

What a perfect summer body!

Raise your glass (of calorie-free water) to determination :)

2 comments:

  1. Bread is a big downfall of mine too- especially bread like bagels and such ><. That's really good how you're giving up those particular foods that leads to binging- I think we could all benefit from doing that! Especially for those who like noming on anything sweet (like myself).

    You know, you're words "anger creates determination" really resonated with me =). I completely agree- when I'm angry with myself (or someone else), that's when I start getting really determined! Thanks for the comment =). I like that idea of "spurt studying" and haven't really thought about trying that before. I tend to write papers or read assignments all in one go and it turns out to be torture, which is probably why I regret doing them so much! But if I study in spurts, then it doesn't seem so bad and you're right, those extra times will start to add up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, channel your anger. Feed on it (as opposed to feeding on cheese). Haha I gagged a little when you said that's one of your binge foods. I hate cheese--all kinds--with a passion. :D

    Bread is a hard one to kick. Have you tried any of the Weight Watcher's breads? They seem to have the lowest cals for pretty decent sized slices. I love the rye.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete