Sunday, November 14, 2010

Long Post

Hi everyone & welcome new followers!!

Ariana: Thanks for your support. You're right, I can stop this bingeing. All of us can :)

Bree Mayfield: Hey thanks for posting! I'll follow your blog too :)


I've been busy these last few days, not posting but still keeping up with your blogs.

Last Wednesday an awesome thing happened, I woke up at 133 lbs, and ate so little (I love Wednesdays, I always get out of eating dinner) that I was 130.2 by the end of the night :)

Now I'm up with my weight again. My parents came on the 11th and left today & I was so happy to have my mom around that I ended up eating lots these last few days. But tomorrow is Monday, half way through the month, and 40 days until Christmas, so I feel it is an excellent day for a new start. A successful start.

About my weekend: Friday night was my cousin's surprise birthday party. There was a buffet of fruit & veggies & buns & cheese & desserts (all of my favourite foods at once ahh!) & lovely alcohol of course. It was a nice family reunion, dancing with kids under 8 & drinking with people over 80. I've been told my birthday cousin (she is 21 years older than me) was anorexic as a teen. I was expecting thinspiration of her during the slide show, but there was none. I wouldn't have wanted to see her like that anyway. I can't picture her as a sickly thin girl, when I know her as a curvy, joyful, loving mother of three.

Early Saturday morning my Mom took me to the spa :) I've never had a professional massage, and was it ever wonderful! We had a "couples" treatment. An hour body massage (it really made me appreciate my body, and how wonderful it is capable of feeling), and a pedicure!! It was such a nice treat after midterms & days of hunched over studying. We went for a nice lunch then shopping.

She bought me a beautiful jacket :) I'm still getting used to having nice, expensive things. For my parents, it was important we only bought what we could afford, they hated being in debt. We had old, but reliable vehicles, no satellite or cable TV until a few years ago, only a couple pieces of brand name clothes. Now we can have nicer things that my Mom is working full time instead of raising us. I like the way it worked out, I really appreciate everything I have now. And I watch my spending too, as a university student I'm not one in the position to spend money!

The jacket. It is so warm. IT IS WONDERFUL. I didn't want anything brand name & thin. I wanted something that would keep me from freezing. Honestly, where I live, I sometimes step out the door in winter & start crying because I am instantly chilled. Last year I would walk to the bus stop, my eyelashes & eyebrows frozen by the time I crossed the street. The worst is scraping the car windows. Ahh, it's torture! By the end of winter I want to hop into a plane to Mexico & never return, but then spring & summer & fall come, & I remember why I love my home.

My parents & I went shopping at Costco (huge store with huge portions (e.g. you can get like pounds of chocolate chips, gallons of mayonnaise) & often with huge people. Sometimes I get disgusted, & yet I still love that place with all its good deals). They bought me lots of fruit & veggies, Acai berry juice, raisins, these nut cluster things, apple cider, a shirt & pair of gym pants (their clothes are really nice), a bottle of listerine that will last until I have two Ph D's, & other things.

Somewhere in this weekend, I managed to do an assignment, clean my house, & do lots of work on my Term Paper. This is going to be a great week: successful restrictions, dedications to exercise, & powering through homework. Under 125 lbs, here I come!!

Good-luck with your week too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment