"Of man's first disobedience, and the fruit
Of that forbidden tree, whose mortal taste."
My english class has spent the last few sessions going over the epic poem "Paradise Lost" by Milton. Let me just say, thank goodness for Sparknotes!! One of these days I'll have to get to the 120 page poem, until then, quick reviews will do!
This poem reminded me about eating problems. Of course there's the whole "forbidden fruit" thing, satan/serpent reminds me of that "binge voice" inside us.
The fallen angels turn into snakes in states of "perpetual desire and unattainable satisfaction."
My favourite is when one of the Angels tells Adam, "man has power to maintain his perfection & power to lose it." The idea of free will is an exciting & scary thing, isn't it? A dilemma within us all.
I also find it interesting how Hell is not only a place for Satan, it is also a state of mind.
I hope you all don't mind this bit of a religious post. This english reading really gave me a lot of info. about Christian religion, I really didn't know too much about it before this, even though I consider myself Christian!!
Todays Intake:
Breakfast: black coffee, 1/2 c. frozen fruit (40)
Lunch: 1/2 green pepper (15), cheese string (60), apple (80)
Dinner: raisins (120), diet coke, Christmas orange (45)
Snack 1: tea
Snack 2: crackers (90)
Total Kcal: 450
5 glasses water. Ab & leg workout.
Good night :)

Sparknotes was the only thing that got me through my British lit class my sophomore year in college! I hated that class and the teacher ><. Food seems like it's the cause of everything wrong! Mad didn't fall from sin...man feel from food!!! I loved that free will quote...I might borrow that some time...and that poem actually sounds really interesting.
ReplyDeleteCoincidence: In ruth Rendell's 'Tigerlily's Orchids' (newest purchase), one of the characters often consults Milton's 'Paradise Lost' for the purposes of bibliomancy!
ReplyDeleteWhen it comes to dogma though, I'm more of a 'catma' kinda gal!
Your intake is utterly inspiring! Can't wait to ditch old 'Dratkins' and join you.
Nighty nighty, sleepy tighty! X.