Friday, October 22, 2010

01 : 132.0

To Ariana - Thanks for the comment! I completely agree that our Grandmothers are putting us through absolute torture with the sweets and butter! When I am 70 years old I plan to binge until I die. By then I better not care about my weight!!

I've been reading "Wintergirls" and think that diet plan will be perfect for me:
1. "800 calories a day, max. 500 preferred"
2. "A day starts at dinner ... Restrict during the next day to make up for it." This is perfect for my situation with my Grandmomma, I don't know why I didn't think of it before. This way instead of feeling completely guilty after dinner, which often triggers a binge, I can deal with it the next day!!
3. "Restart exercise program." I seriously need to get on that. I now have a gym buddy starting next week for Mon/Wed/Fridays, plus I'll be doing crunches and leg lifts on the side, and walking to school until it's beyond bearable in winter.
I am going to borrow Ariana's great idea and have the calorie maximums for foods other than fruit & vegetables. I'll definitely try to be under 500, but sometimes there will be an unexpected cake lurking on the kitchen table that I cannot get away from.

My posts will be titled, "Days since last binge: Today's morning weight"
As you can see from this title, I'll have to raise my HW. Not impressed. Actually, I'll have to raise it to 134.4 because last week, it was that hideous number one morning! But by that evening it was down to 132.0, which makes no sense at all. Ohh scales, you can't help but love and hate their honesty at the same time. I can't wait until I'm out of the 130's, then 120's, then teens...

Although breakfast and lunch don't count in my first day of this (remember I'm starting from dinner today until dinner tomorrow, and so on), I only had a banana (108) for breakfast, and a couple carrots (35) and apple (80) for lunch, along with half a Monster low-cal energy drink (5 only !). = 228 minus fruits and vegetables is 5.

Supper, part of day 1, was something I actually made. I had a bit of whole wheat spaghetti (135), salmon (110), some sauces and spices (around 50), and a lettuce salad (5) = 300-5 is 295.

Ohh another successful part of my day, I got 14/15 on my stats midterm :) Yay the test I actually studied for payed off. If I could just get that motivation to apply to other classes I would be all set...

On the downside, I had a bit of a crying fest today. "Wintergirls" reminds me of high school. I still miss it, even though I'm a second year uni student. I'm not as desperate for it as I was in my freshman year of uni, but I still miss those days. I am like a ghost in that place, I linger, going to volleyball games and awards nights and grad. I wander the hallways on those days I occasionally go there. Searching for what exactly, I am not sure of. I am a lost soul with unfinished business.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVED Wintergirls! I've read it only once but it's a book I could read over an over. It definitely has a "cold" feeling about it when you read it. Good book.

    I like that diet plan! If I could restrict until dinner, eat fruits/veggies in a small amount, I'd be all set! It's almost like you're doing a 12 or so hour fast each day. I might actually do that. Skip breakfast and lunch so I can save my calories for supper (I only get hungry at night anyways)- that's a great idea!

    It's weird going back to high once you've graduated, or at least that's what I've found. When I went back, it seemed like I didn't belong anymore. However, seeing the teachers I loved brings back a great nostalgia.

    I wish I was your weight again! I miss being in the 130s so much! I fear that I'm going to be stuck at this weight forever but I know, logically, that's going to change. Looking forward to the 120s, then the teens...those numbers seem so far away right now but with each pound lost you're one step closer! Then when you reach your UGW, you'll look back and be amazed at the progress you've made!

    Evil cake/cookies/mini candy bars lurking around the kitchen spells disaster for me! Thank the Lord of cardio machines that tell you how many cals you're burning!

    Great job on your intake today! That food sounds so delicious! Experimenting in the kitched and finding new ways to fix things is so much fun! And great job on your midterm grades! Midterms & finals = worry and more worry, but once they're over you're like, "*phew*, now I can relax!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wintergirls changed my life... I also love the idea of limiting cals on non-fruits and vegetables. Congrats on the stats midterm! I should be studying for mine now haha. Stay strong!

    ReplyDelete