Friday, October 1, 2010

Good Beginning

Today was a good day in the food department:

Breakfast: 3/4 c wheat squares, 1/4 c skim milk, 2 strawberries
Lunch: salad (1 c spinach, 3 strawberries, 1/4 cup nuts), apple, nutrition bar
Supper: 1/4 c cornmeal, salad (spinach, celery, tomato, carrot, croutons, mozzarella cheese, almonds, sprinkle of dressing)
Snack: 1/2 c granola, 3 strawberries
Bedtime Snack: 1 c milk, tsp honey

Total kcal: 1378
Total fat: 40.1 g

Water: 8 glasses

Exercise: 40 minutes walking

Supper's are cooked by my lovely and talented Grandmother, and I help by making the salads, but I usually don't put so many extras in the salads, aka croutons and cheese.

If you have trouble falling asleep like me, I recommend heating up milk and adding honey, it puts me to sleep like a baby!

My calories for today are good, perfectly in my range. As I mentioned in my last post, it is strange being alright with a number that high. My fat could go down, but I have to remember that most of it came from the healthy polyunsaturated fats in nuts and granola, with limited saturated and trans fats.

It was a good starting day. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment