Sunday, October 3, 2010

The Kitchen

Supper Stats: mini pizza (1 mini panini, 1 tbsp tomato sauce, small piece sausage -ick-, half slice singles cheese), salad (1 c spinach, 3 strawberries, vinegar), hot chocolate, 1/4 c yogurt covered raisins

Total Kcal for the day: 1258
Total Fat for the day: 27 g

Water: 8-10 glasses

Exercise: nada = not good for my love handles

For supper, as you can see, my Grandmomma and I made mini pizzas (I only had one). Mini things are a good concept, but honestly I'm better off eating from big portions and cutting them down, rather than mini, because they're so easy to stuff my face with. For example, one of those mini panini's (by mini I mean about 1.5" in diameter) is 55 calories and 1 g of fat!
Cheese is my new obsession. I have had my trends - graham wafer crumbs & choc. chips (weird, I know, but tasty), yogurt & granola, choc. chips in general, peanut butter (could honestly eat a jar of it in one sitting), watermelon, pretzels & mustard.....
When I went upstairs my Grandmomma was making homemade hot chocolate with cocoa and cream. I lunged toward the cream before she put some in my cup! She found an instant mix (way lower in calories and fat) so I had that. And I didn't have any zucchini cake.

I added up my monthly expenses today, nerdy I know but I'm a university student low on cash, and can't believe how much I spent on alcohol and food! Uggh it's disgusting. Both only make me shit and get fat, and I'm wasting precious money on it. Since it's midterm season (stress!!) that will cut back the bar scene with alcohol, and I really have to stop buying so much food. And only healthy fruits, veggies and whole grains at that.

Call me a feminist or anti-feminist or whatever, but women's roles have really not changed. We still revolve around the kitchen. Rather than my Grandmomma's days when life was about feasting & making sure food tasted good & that everyone enjoyed it, today women see the kitchen as some sort of haven/battleground at the same time. For some, the dieters I mean, life revolves around fasting & making sure our bodies look good & that we don't go over our calorie limits. All my Grandmomma talks about is food, food, food. All I think about is fat, fat, fat. We're on opposite ends, yet somehow ended up in the same place. The kitchen.

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment